Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cleaning the tents and washing laundry


Yellowstone 1915.  Marguerite Hutchins (Beckington) on the far right.


June 19, Saturday
Ruth & I work together.  Made 32 beds and cleaned up 8 tents.  75 dudes to-night.

June 20, Sunday
Ruth and I worked all morning.  Had 136 dudes to-night.  Sang sacred songs and wrote letters in evening.

June 21, Monday
Made 49 beds.  This p.m. Mary, Vera, Elma and I went along lake to hotel.  Took 3 pictures.  Came back way of Sunset Hill.

June 26, Saturday
Have had an average of a hundred dudes every night and have been settling bungalows.  Last two days have been very cold.  Mrs. Rhodes came to-night and we were so glad to see her.  Elma, Helen, Ethel S., Jam, and I washed yesterday.   (p.m.) saw the most beautiful sunset Wednesday evening.  Mountains were pink, lake blue.   Farther down, the mountains blue & lake pink.  Beautiful rainbow in the sky!

* * * * *

My Notes:

Here is my grandmother, far right, and her friends cleaning the tents (bungalows), it looks to me.  All with beautiful smiles on their faces.

I could not find a specific "Sunset Hill" featured in Yellowstone today, so I am guessing it is just one of many that people walk to and enjoy the sunset.  HERE is a beautiful photo of buffalo in a field during a sunset taken by professional photographer Ron Niebrugge - his photo blog in general (HERE) is quite stunning!  Another beautiful set of photos from "Ron" is HERE. of a waterfall and a view from an observation point overlooking a beautiful view of Yellowstone.

No comments: